As we all know, there are many health dangers that come with heat such as heat stroke, dehydration and others. If you can avoid being outdoors as much as possible, do it. However, that’s not an option for everybody seeing as many people have to work in these touch conditions.
Here are a few tips to staying safe and healthy:
• Stay in air conditioned buildings and vehicles as much as possible.
• If possible, beat the heat by doing most of your outdoor work before and after the sun comes up.
• Dress in light colors and loose clothing.
• Drink plenty of water, at least 18 ounces per hour.
• Stay in the shade as much as possible.
• Eat small amounts of food. The more you eat, the more you’ll have to fight off the heat.
• Eat more fruits and vegetables. It’s been said that most fruits and vegetables contain about 75 percent water.
• Go for a swim. This isn’t always an option for everybody but it makes a huge significance to jump into a lake or pool every now and then.